[Go-essp-tech] BADC ESGF system down

stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Jul 21 09:41:12 MDT 2011

Dear all,

An update on the BADC ESGF system failure today.  A fault affecting the entire cluster has been resolved but some services remain offline.

The BADC datanode is back online so existing wget scripts should enable people to download.  Our production Gateway will probably remain down for another 12-24 hours while we diagnose a RAID fault.  In the mean time you can access the BADC test gateway to download CMIP5 data however this is not fully integrated with the rest of the federation so some inconsistencies will be apparent.  The test gateway is available at:

http://cmip-gw2.badc.rl.ac.uk

We apologise for this inconvenience.

Regards,
Stephen Pascoe.

---
Stephen Pascoe  +44 (0)1235 445980
Centre of Environmental Data Archival
STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell Oxford, Didcot OX11 0QX, UK