[Go-essp-tech] syntax on the DRS ID

Sylvia Murphy Sylvia.Murphy at noaa.gov
Fri Jan 28 08:16:24 MST 2011

Hi Karl,
I have been talking to the metafor group about the DRS_ID you mentioned on the call this week.  They don't think they are going to have it output directly in their file but I may be able to put it together from various pieces.  I wanted to double check with you on what pieces are going into the ID since it may be different from my recollections.  At one point the syntax was going to be:

institution_model_simulationname_ripvalue + other stuff

is that still valid?  The "other stuff" (e.g. variable names) will be more granularity than I'll need.

If you have some examples of actual ids that you have seen generated by data providers that would help as well.

Thanks,
Sylvia
Sylvia Murphy
NESII/CIRES/NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory
325 Broadway, Boulder CO 80305
Email: sylvia.murphy at noaa.gov
Phone: 303-497-7753
Fax: 303-497-7649