[Go-essp-tech] Update on the metadata pipeline in preparation for the 1 Feb deadline

Sylvia Murphy Sylvia.Murphy at noaa.gov
Tue Jan 18 09:46:40 MST 2011

Hi Dean and all,

This a quick update on the metadata pipeline.

* The metadata pipeline is working.  We can download CIM XML files from the Metafor Atom feed, harvest the content and display the results.
* The CIM output format is still changing and we have periodically had to react to changes and modify our harvesting code.
* Grids have not been finalized in the CIM output so they have yet to be harvested.  We plan to have a the few finalized attributes harvested by 1/28.
* Metafor intends to change the structure of the headers of their output file.  We anticipate getting an example of this change by the end of next week (1/21). We expect to be able to modify our code quickly and have it implemented for ESG release1.3 by 1/28.
* We plan to have a review of the trackback on 1/24.
* IPSL is providing the community with a completed questionnaire instance.  They anticipate having one of their models fully described by 1/21 and one simulation fully described by 2/18.

METAFOR people may want to send corrections or additions.
Sylvia Murphy
NESII/CIRES/NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory
325 Broadway, Boulder CO 80305
Email: sylvia.murphy at noaa.gov
Phone: 303-497-7753
Fax: 303-497-7649