[Go-essp-tech] getting started revised

martin.juckes at stfc.ac.uk martin.juckes at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Feb 16 08:58:57 MST 2011

Hello Karl,

I think it would also be good to add an explanation of the difference between certificate based access control and token based access control. An email earlier in this thread (from Bob, I think) suggested that some data nodes might be configured for token based security -- this is bound to cause confusion if we don't give an up front explanation.

I agree with what Bryan says below -- I think it is worth emphasising that the account that people obtain is intended to cover much more that CMIP5, and this is why we have separate steps for opening the account and applying for a dataset.

Regards,
Martin