[Go-essp-tech] getting started document

Rachana Ananthakrishnan ranantha at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Feb 15 10:37:23 MST 2011

Some comments:

- Bob mentioned that there are some Data Nodes that use tokens for authentication, in which case the MyProxy step is not needed. It now mentions the temporary token, but still asks the user to follow the MyProxy step. Is there anything on the Gateway download page that can indicate to the user if the MyProxy step is needed or not?
- For the "hosted" version of this document, it might be useful to do some snapshots for some of the steps. For example, where OpenID is entered in the page or what the MyProxy Logon looks like.
- This document talks only about wget downloads and setting that up. I am wondering whether there is a need for explaining use of DML. It would be needed only if there any datasets published with GridFTP endpoints, and maybe there are none at this point?

Some edits attached.

Rachana

On Feb 15, 2011, at 2:07 AM, Karl Taylor wrote:

> Hi Stephen,
>
> Thanks to you and Phil for improving the getting started document. I've accepted all your changes and then made additional revisions, which I hope continue to improve it.  Now its your turn again.  Of course, it would be great if others might also take a look and comment.
>
> IMPORTANT:  could someone remind me of the phone number and password for the Tuesday telecon?
>
> thanks,
> Karl
>
> On 2/14/11 6:33 AM, stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk wrote:
>>
>> Hi Karl,
>>
>> I've substantially edited the first few sections of the getting started document and incorporated some earlier edits from Phil.  I don't think we are there yet but I hope I've improved how we explain Gateways and OpenID in steps 1-3.  I will review the download part as soon as I can as: I want to minimise the complexity of explaining the MyProxy service but this will depend on how automatic we can make the wget script.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Stephen.
>>
>> ---
>> Stephen Pascoe  +44 (0)1235 445980
>> Centre of Environmental Data Archival
>> STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Harwell Oxford, Didcot OX11 0QX, UK

Rachana Ananthakrishnan
Argonne National Lab | University of Chicago