[Go-essp-tech] Transition to CMIP5 production status

Bryan Lawrence bryan.lawrence at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Feb 9 07:28:17 MST 2011

hi Folks

I think there are two levels of problems being discussed.

A: We need to "deploy", and have in place a mechanism to "upgrade", and

B: We need "tiger teams" to nail problems.

A number of instances of B are under way. Good.

However, I'd like us also to have

1) a clear an unabiguous method for "users" to report problems, and
2) a clear plan for when and how we upgrade during the next few weeks.

I know Stephen has suggested using footprints for 1) (and I'm fine with
that, and recommend we do that ... now! ... even if we replace the
system for user support later - which we may need to, since it costs
real money to deploy), and

We agree something like:  "we will do simultaneous upgrades every
wednesday during the next couple of months (allowing us to agree on
details on a tuesday)."  I don't mind if that's not the plan folks agree
on, but I want a plan ...

All of this is of course independent of  "announcements".

Bryan

--
Bryan Lawrence
Director of Environmental Archival and Associated Research