[Go-essp-tech] getting started document

Sylvia Murphy Sylvia.Murphy at noaa.gov
Tue Feb 1 11:13:12 MST 2011

Hi Karl,
I read your document and did not find any errors with the search and discovery of the metadata.
I am curious where this document will live.  Will it be transformed into a web page someplace that cmip5 searchers will find easier than pcmdi?
We have tried to put the instructions for how to find model metadata right in the gateway interface itself, which seems like it might be a better place than an external document or alternate website.
What are your complete thoughts on this?
Cheers,
Sylvia
On Feb 1, 2011, at 9:50 AM, Karl Taylor wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I've attached a (rather long) "getting started" document to help new users obtain CMIP5 model output.  The procedure works at least for the old token system.  Could someone read over it and edit it where needed so that it is correct for the new non-token system?  Any suggestions on simplifying it would also be helpful.
>
> thanks,
> Karl
>
> On 1/31/11 5:45 AM, Williams, Dean N. wrote:
>>
>> Dear Colleagues,
>>
>>     We are scheduled to have our regularly scheduled GO-ESSP meeting to discuss the release of our ESG Federated system, which should go live this week (tomorrow)...  Please plan on attending the meeting.... :-)
>>
>>    (925) 424-8105 access code 305757#
>>
>> Thanks and best regards,
>>     Dean

Sylvia Murphy
NESII/CIRES/NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory
325 Broadway, Boulder CO 80305
Email: sylvia.murphy at noaa.gov
Phone: 303-497-7753
Fax: 303-497-7649