[Go-essp-tech] Incorrect use of missing value in some MRI ocean data -- correction

Kettleborough, Jamie jamie.kettleborough at metoffice.gov.uk
Wed Dec 7 04:04:16 MST 2011

Hello Karl,

	latxlon grids, the values will vary between 0. and 100.  This
will need to be communicated to users, and I'm open to suggestions about
that.

aren't you looking for some sort of FAQ, or have I missed something?
This can be used either directly by the users or by cmip5 helpdesk to
answer these sort of questions.  I guess the main problems are you have
to ensure the right questions (and answers) make it onto the FAQ.   And
I think this boils down to who is responsible for answering the
questions? Who is responsible for making sure they get included in the
FAQ?  Who is responsible for editing the FAQ to keep it as useful as
possible?  Who is responsible for making sure questions get answered?

(Another way of looking at this is what is the use case for 'answer user
query', who are the actors?)

Of course it may be that a simple naive FAQ does not scale to the number
of questions asked about CMIP5 data... but it may be good enough to get
going even if you have to revise and replace with some 'knowledge base'
later?

If I understood a recent post from Stephen I *think* he may have some
ideas on this.

Jamie