[Go-essp-tech] 2.0.0-BETA1 release of the gateway now available

Nathan Wilhelmi wilhelmi at ucar.edu
Wed Aug 24 21:28:50 MDT 2011

We're pleased to announce the 2.0.0-BETA1 release of the gateway.

Binaries for this release have been published at:
https://vets.development.ucar.edu/nexus/content/repositories/releases/sgf/gateway/2.0.0-BETA1/

Installation and upgrade guides can be found here:
https://wiki.ucar.edu/display/esgcet/Gateway+Upgrade+Instructions+%28version+1.3.1+to+version+2.0.0-BETA1%29

We have a live demo site available as well:
http://search-esg.prototype.ucar.edu/

This is a BETA release of the gateway to facilitate testing and
feedback. The more community help we can receive in vetting and testing
this release the sooner we can move this into production and benefit users.

This release has several notable enhancements centered around the
download workflows:

* Users can generate scripts for data across the federation without
leaving the gateway.
* Selected variable are used to filter files during the script
generation process.
* Results per page can now be changed allowing much larger selections.
* The script generation has been enhanced to improve performance for
large lists of files.
* Authorization support has been added to the script generation process.
* Simulations are now indexed along side datasets

Detailed list of the remaining issues can be found here:
https://vets.development.ucar.edu/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+GTWY+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%222.0.0%22+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC%2C+key+DESC&mode=hide

Details on the resolved issues can be found here:
https://vets.development.ucar.edu/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+GTWY+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%222.0.0-BETA1%22+ORDER+BY+status+DESC%2C+priority+DESC&mode=hide

If you encounter any problems or would like to provide feedback of any
form (good or bad), please email the gateway development mailing list:
(esg-gateway-dev at earthsystemgrid.org)

-or-

If you have Jira Issue Tracking access, please enter a trouble ticket
against version "2.0.0-BETA1" under the "Affects Version/s" drop-down.

Thank you!
-The Gateway Development Team