[Go-essp-tech] Status of the CMIP5 Archive

Sebastien Denvil sdipsl at ipsl.jussieu.fr
Wed Apr 27 13:48:16 MDT 2011

Le 27 avr. 2011 à 20:58, "Drach, Bob" <drach1 at llnl.gov> a écrit :

> I'm happy to post a list of publication events if that would be
> useful. But
> like you I would see this as a temporary solution until some sort of
> registry solution could be devised (famous last words ...).

Yes this would be a temporary workaround waiting a federated registry
service. Estani's proposition which is apparently easy to implement
seems coherent with a temporary workaround. I think it's a good idea,
simple & efficient.

> Also I can't
> really commit to keeping such a list up-to-date when vacation etc.
> intervenes.
>
> I'd be curious to hear if others think this is a good idea as well.

I think we would need ESGF user's view on that and they are very few
on this mailing list. A good idea or not : it depends when the
registry service will be ready AND deployed on the production server.
If we imagine it will be the case from end of June then it's
definitely a good idea.

Sébastien