[Go-essp-tech] [esg-gateway-dev] Status of the CMIP5 Archive

Cinquini, Luca (3880) Luca.Cinquini at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Apr 28 06:55:13 MDT 2011

Hi,
	FYI we are indeed looking at a distributed search architecture for ESGF, and since each dataset that enters the system has a "last update" time stamp, it already comes with the possibility of querying for anything new... but again, at a level of granularity that is probably too detailed for what we want the user to have. Maybe a news cast capability triggered manually would be more like what is needed here. This would be a great topics of discussion at the workshop.
thanks, Luca