[Go-essp-tech] Versioning in CMIP5 including QC procedure

Martina Stockhause martina.stockhause at zmaw.de
Sun Apr 17 23:57:33 MDT 2011

Hi, Bob,

since not every published dataset is part of the DOI (on the level of
experiment), I have to keep track of versions as well, on the dataset
and on the experiment (DOI) level. The inhomogeneity of the dataset
version syntax is more a problem of version control within the QC than
one of the QC L2 checker, the QC L2 analyzer, or the QC L2 result export
for QC L3.

I do not care if the homogeneous version syntax is yours or that of BADC
and DKRZ, though the latter would save me adaptation effort, but *that*
it is homogeneous. Maybe you could talk to Stephen to find an agreement
on the version syntax / version handling.

I am sorry that I have to insist.

Best wishes,
Martina