[Go-essp-tech] DRS clarification

Bryan Lawrence bryan.lawrence at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Sep 9 07:33:47 MDT 2010

Hi Martin

>  Charlotte has
> also shared with me some METAFOR discussions which, I think,
> concluded that a coupled model which is run in atmosphere only mode
> will do so under the same name.

I've just said the exact opposite in email to Karl.
where I said:

>I don't think you do want the AMIP models having the same name as the
>coupled model, that wouldn't be how the Hadley Centre would do it ...
>or at least I don't think so (I'm pretty sure not the case in the
past).

I should probably have said it's possible for them to have the same name
(and be the same model), but it's not a given .... they may well be
different, but share some heritage.

Cheers
Bryan

Bryan Lawrence
Director of Environmental Archival and Associated Research
(NCAS/British Atmospheric Data Centre and NCEO/NERC NEODC)
STFC, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Phone +44 1235 445012; Fax ... 5848;
Web: home.badc.rl.ac.uk/lawrence