[Go-essp-tech] DRS clarification

martin.juckes at stfc.ac.uk martin.juckes at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Sep 9 05:03:54 MDT 2010

Hello Karl,

Sorry to raise another DRS issue - but following the last telco I've
been looking at the experiment setup in more detail in order to write
some code which will identify the "requested" data. Charlotte has also
shared with me some METAFOR discussions which, I think, concluded that a
coupled model which is run in atmosphere only mode will do so under the
same name.

Thus, we may have data from model=ACCESS, expt=amip for both coupled and
atmosphere-only modes. As far as I can see, the only way these can be
separated in the DRS is by treating the atmosphere only version as a
physics perturbation. Would you agree with this interpretation, or have
I missed something?

If this is the case, I think we should add a sentence or two to explain
this usage in the DRS document,

Regards,

Martin