[Go-essp-tech] CMIP5 Questionnaire is on release

charlotte.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk charlotte.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Oct 26 04:53:34 MDT 2010

Dear GoESSP-Tech,

The Metafor questionnaire for CMIP5 QC2 metadata can now be seen at
http://q.cmip5.ceda.ac.uk/

The CMIP5 questionnaire is gathering comprehensive descriptions of CMIP5
models, simulations and hardware. For the first time we will be able to
properly compare CMIP simulations according to the scientific properties
of the models. We will also know how each model was modified to perform
every CMIP5 simulation.

The CMIP5 questionnaire works best with Firefox web browser. Google
Chrome and Safari are also supported however the questionnaire will not
display properly when viewed with Internet Explorer.  The "Example" area
of the questionnaire is freely accessible for all to browse - we will
fill this with examples of how the questionnaire has been completed by
some of the modelling groups. The "Test" area is there for users to
experiment with before entering information for real. Instructions for
modelling groups to gain access to their centre's area of the
questionnaire can be found at
http://metafortrac.badc.rl.ac.uk/trac/wiki/CMIP5/QuestionnaireAccess/
<http://metafortrac.badc.rl.ac.uk/trac/wiki/CMIP5/QuestionnaireAccess/>
.

Output from the CMIP5 questionnaire will be as atom feeds.  We have set
up a "test" atom feed containing example information collected by the
CMIP5 questionnaire.  The test atom feed will allow metadata extraction
tools to test the harvest and display of CMIP5 questionnaire metadata in
advance of complete metadata descriptions being available from modelling
groups.

If you have any questions about the CMIP5 questionnaire please contact
our questionnaire support team at cmip5qhelp at stfc.ac.uk
Kind regards
Charlotte Pascoe and Gerry Devine

Dr Charlotte Pascoe