[Go-essp-tech] Data Node Info...

Gavin M. Bell gavin at llnl.gov
Tue Oct 19 18:27:17 MDT 2010

 Hello Gentle-People,

Based on the phone conference today I think that the following links
should address some of the issues that were raised.

Information on the data node can be found at the following locations:

The information regarding the federation - the cert DNs and truststore
distributions et. al. are here:
http://esgf.org/esg-certs/

The information regarding the current release of the Data Node is
located here:
http://esgf.org/releases/

The information regarding the installation of the Data Node is located here:
http://rainbow.llnl.gov/dist/

Regarding pairing the data node release with the gateway release, the
only thing that can be said is that we have not yet had the opportunity
to test against  the latest gateway release version.  However, we have
tested against the previous version and can scan, publish and support
token-less and token based access to the TDS.  I will try to post a
feature checklist and put it on the release page hopefully soon.

P.S.
There is a wiki (moin moin)... We just got it up a couple days ago.  We
will be attempting to consolidate all the data node wiki information
there. There is also blog for announcement etc., that supports RSS feeds.

The site will grow 'organically' as the project matures with more
information and tools.  There are "dead links" on the site and there is
certainly a dearth of prose.  At the moment the *only* bits of
information that we are concerning ourselves with are the federation
certificate page, the release page and the install page (listed above).
This effort is fully open source. A special thank you to all our
community contributors.

Thank You ;-)

--
Gavin M. Bell
Lawrence Livermore National Labs

 "Never mistake a clear view for a short distance."
       	       -Paul Saffo

(GPG Key - http://rainbow.llnl.gov/dist/keys/gavin.asc)

 A796 CE39 9C31 68A4 52A7  1F6B 66B7 B250 21D5 6D3E