[Go-essp-tech] ESG Gateway 1.2.0 Beta Release

Eric Nienhouse ejn at ucar.edu
Fri Oct 15 08:35:20 MDT 2010

Hi All,

We're pleased to announce the ESG Gateway 1.2.0 Beta Release.  We're
currently deploying this version to the NCAR staging system for
testing.  Details for accessing this release can be found below.

*Please note* that a database issue has been discovered which may affect
those planning to upgrade to the 1.2.0 Beta.  (See included message
below.)  If you have not already sent in a database dump, I encourage
you to do so in order to assess upgrade impact as well as to identify
the simplest course of action for your gateway.  (*Please send your
dumps directly to me and not to the list*.)

The configuration of the gateway has changed significantly with this
release.  This has been done in order to simplify the management of
site-specific configuration.  As such, the gateway now utilizes a
separate "gateway home directory" for configuration, including the
gateway.properties and messages.properties files.  Further details can
be found at the links below.

Installing a 1.2 Gateway:

https://wiki.ucar.edu/display/esgcet/Gateway+Installation+Instructions+%28version+1.2%29

Upgrading from 1.1 to a 1.2 Gateway:

https://wiki.ucar.edu/display/esgcet/Gateway+Upgrade+Instructions+%28version+1.1+to+version+1.2%29

The release installation package can be downloaded from:

https://vets.development.ucar.edu/nexus/content/repositories/releases/sgf/gateway/1.2.0-BETA/

Please provide feedback (good or bad!) to:
esg-gateway-dev at earthsystemgrid.org

-or-

If you have Jira Issue Tracking access, please enter a trouble ticket
against version "1.2.0-BETA1" under the "Affects Version/s" drop-down.

Thank you and best regards,

-The ESG-CET Gateway Development Team