[Go-essp-tech] DOI target page CMIP5

Martina Stockhause martina.stockhause at zmaw.de
Fri Nov 19 06:52:51 MST 2010

  Hi,

Luca, there are more examples available on the dataCite-Homepage:
http://datacite.org/examples.html

Explanation of "superceded" DOIs:  DOIs remain valid once they are
assigned. But we can introduce references.
There are two cases for references:

1. the same atomic datasets are published again: Then the old DOI is
added a reference isOldVersionOf pointing to the new DOI and the new DOI
gets a reference isNewVersionOf. We could view that isOldVersionOf
reference on the DOI target page to refer the user to the newer Version.

2. new ensemble members are published: Then we plan to add a reference
isSupplementTo to this data pointing to the existing DOI for the first
ensemble members. We could as well think about showing that on the DOI
target page.

You can find more information on STD-DOI process in the Documents
section on the http://www.std-doi.de and in the document:
http://dc110dmz.gfz-potsdam.de/contenido/std-doi/upload/pdf/STD_metadata_kernel_v3.pdf

Karl,

>  We will have to provide a service so a user knows what data is
>  associated with each DOI.

We are aware of that at the WDCC. And we are the only place who keeps
track of the chunks belonging to a DOI. Since the DOIs contain hundreds
of chunks, the resulting file list for a DOI is rather long. It would be
very helpful to know what we should respond to a request of data for a
DOI: the DRS_ids, the TDS-fileserver links or the TDS dataset links
(versions are always complete).

When we will have an example and a suggestion for such a file list, I
will send the information around.

Best wishes and have a nice weekend,
Martina

----------- DKRZ / Data Management -----------