[Go-essp-tech] CMIP5 Federation Testing Software Configuration

Eric Nienhouse ejn at mail.ucar.edu
Tue Nov 16 07:28:10 MST 2010

Dear ESG Gateway Collaborators,

We're quickly approaching the 1.2.0 ESG Gateway software release.
 This version will provide the basis for the upcoming CMIP5 activity
data management effort.

The Gateway 1.2.0 Release Candidate 1 (RC1) is now available for
inter-gateway federation testing.  We encourage all who can to upgrade
to this version as soon as is reasonably possible. (In particular, if
your gateway is on the list of "Key Participating Gateways" below.)
 For installation and update details, see the included email below.

Please note that the Gateway 1.2.0 RC1 requires a corresponding Data
Node version 1.0.4.0 or greater.  This Gateway upgrade may require an
update to your Data Node components as well.

We're in need of significant inter-gateway (eg: federation) testing.
 In order to begin this process, it is important that all
participating gateways are running a consistent pre-release 1.2.0
version.  The 1.2.0 RC1 is the recommended version for federation
related testing.

Following are the Key Participating Gateways.  Several have already
upgraded to the 1.2.0 RC1 version.  If you have not yet upgraded to
the 1.2.0 RC1 version, please advise as to when this may be reasonably
possible.  (Please send any details or questions to:
 esg-gateway-dev at earthsystemgrid.org)

   ANU
   BADC
   DKRZ
   JPL
   LBNL
   NCAR
   ORNL
   PCMDI

Please note the NCAR testing site (http://esg.prototype.ucar.edu) is
currently running the 1.2.0 RC1 version for federation testing
purposes.

I would like to begin discussing the top priority federation tests and
would like to hear your input.  In particular, testing scenarios
related to security and access control of CMIP5 datasets are of key
importance.  I will send a follow up email regarding this testing
effort.

Thank you for your involvement in this effort!

Kind Regards,

-Eric