[Go-essp-tech] DOI target page CMIP5

Martina Stockhause martina.stockhause at zmaw.de
Tue Nov 16 06:22:03 MST 2010

  Hallo Bryan, dear all,

we started to set up the mirror pages of your DOI target page. It is
very rough, since we plan to use your stylesheet and the link(s) to the
data at the three ESGF locations are not implemented, yet. We filled the
page with our CERA test data.

We suggest to put the summary on the page, because otherwise there is no
immediate information available. The summary uses sentences from the
CMIP5 page and the experiment description of the questionnaire (atomfeed
experiment).

What is missing:
- construction of the link into the CIM repository to the simulationRun
document to replace the cirrus-link.
- datanode TDS root catalogue and file server root access for the data
access link.
- style sheet of your primary DOI target page.

To construct a link to the data at BADC and PCMDI we need the TDS root
and the file server root addresses. We plan to provide lists of chunks
for the given DOI and a list of ESG dataset links.

E.g. DKRZ:
tds root (replicated data): http://bmbf-ipcc-ar5.dkrz.de/thredds/esgcet/1/
fileserver root: http://bmbf-ipcc-ar5.dkrz.de/thredds/fileServer/new/

Please add your information for BADC and PCMDI at
http://esgf.org/wiki/Cmip5Status .
Just to make sure: You will use one root for all replicated data? If
not, we cannot provide the link list but only the DRS names (TDS file_id
+ version + variable in case of chunks and TDS dataset_id in case of ESG
datasets).

What do you think? Any suggestions for improvements?
Any suggestions what the DOI service should provide for the users / the
portals? The chunk list for a DRS experiment will include hundreds of
links, which is not very convenient for the user.

Best wishes,
Martina