[Go-essp-tech] DRS v1.0 and CMOR2.x

Estanislao Gonzalez estanislao.gonzalez at zmaw.de
Wed Nov 10 09:06:30 MST 2010

  Hi Martin,

I agree that the main reason is that it's already too late. But IMHO it
would have been better to integrate it into cmor. Neither the product
identification nor the versioning is something that the publisher can
decide by itself, the former because of the configuration which is known
by the modelers only; the later because, again, only the modelers may
call it a new version.

I don't think that normally the person responsible for publishing can
make those decisions; it's true that the person configuring cmor might
neither have the required knowledge/decision power, but it's certainly
nearer to the source.

Thanks,
Estani