[Go-essp-tech] Timeline IPCC AR5

Michael Lautenschlager lautenschlager at dkrz.de
Wed Mar 3 08:30:51 MST 2010

Dear all,

as agreed on yesterday's telco I contacted our national IPCC office and
we went through the official IPCC documents in order extract the
official time IPCC AR5 time line. The relevant information can be
obtained from the WG implementation plans as result of the 31st IPCC
plenary October 2009 in Bali
(http://www.ipcc.ch/meeting_documentation/meeting_documentation_31th_session.htm)

This reads for the three WGs:

WG I
Lead Author Meeting 4: September 2012
WG I Plenary Session Approval: June 2013

WG II
Lead Author Meeting 4: 27-31 May 2013
WG II Plenary Session Approval: 24-28 February 2014

WG III
Lead Author Meeting 4: 5-9 August 2013
WG III Plenary Approval Session: 24-28 March 2014

Jochem Marotzke (Director MPI-M) forwarded the resulting scientific
publication time line for WG I which had been circulated by Thomas Stocker:

 From the horse's mouth (Thomas Stocker, Co-chair WG1 IPCC AR5):

Cut-off for submitted papers: 31 July 2012
(papers must be submitted by that date, to be included in
the first draft)

Cut-off for accepted papers: 15 March 2013
(papers must be accepted by that date, to be included in
the final report)

I think this gives us the information for scheduling the bulid-up phase
and the finalisation of our CMIP5/IPCC-AR5 reference data archive and I
think a finalization around end of 2011 fits quite well into the IPCC
overall time line.

Best wishes, Michael

--
Dr. Michael Lautenschlager

German Climate Computing Centre (DKRZ)
World Data Center Climate (WDCC)
ADDRESS: Bundesstrasse 45a, D-20146 Hamburg, Germany
PHONE:   +4940-460094-118
E-Mail:  lautenschlager at dkrz.de

         http://www.wdc-climate.de/