[Go-essp-tech] ESGF telco 2010/03/02

stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk
Mon Mar 1 11:36:57 MST 2010

For tomorrows telco we will discuss the implications of changing the
publication granularity to the realm level.

I suggest we focus on the technical implications following the following
topics

  * Can the problems with publishing atomic datasets be mitigated
    * Can publication be optimised to avoid the 10s delay
    * Can the user interface be refactored to better handle huge numbers
of atomic datasets

  * Implications of publishing at the realm level
    * Adjustments needed to DRS
    * How will it fit with modelling centres workflow (only publishing
when a whole realm-dataset is ready)
    * How will data be versioned in this case
    * what happens when just a few files are found faulty and need
retracting

Telco information:
(925) 424-8105 access code 305757#

Thanks,