[Go-essp-tech] Out-of-bounds data and QC level 1 checks

V. Balaji V.Balaji at noaa.gov
Tue Jun 29 12:43:13 MDT 2010

Bryan Lawrence writes:

> Hi Michael et al.
>
> The flow charts are meant to indicate that
>
> there is a qc level one for the data
>
> a qc level one for the metadata (which is essentially the questionnaire
> validation)
>
> but they are independent, one does not depend on the other.
>
> qc level two requires both to have been passed and the "stitching
> together" to have happened. So, I fully expect data to be published at
> data nodes which has not been accompanied by metafor metadata.

Since it is almost inevitable that this will happen, I would suggest
that we have a nomenclature element for "data is L1-conformant but
metadata isn't yet because we haven't filled out the CIM" ... QC-L1.5?

--

V. Balaji                               Office:  +1-609-452-6516
Head, Modeling Systems Group, GFDL      Home:    +1-212-253-6662
Princeton University                    Email: v.balaji at noaa.gov