[Go-essp-tech] Current status on CMIP5 security roles

Karl Taylor taylor13 at llnl.gov
Mon Jun 28 13:46:44 MDT 2010

Dear Martin,

Don't know if I already answered this ...

There is a proposed terms of use that users will need to sign.  We
haven't yet gotten sign-off by all the groups, but we expect the users
of CMIP5 data will be asked to agree to one of the following "terms of use":

____________________
"Unrestricted" (access to a subset of models):
1.   I understand that the subset of CMIP5 model output that will be
made accessible to me has been designated for "unrestricted" use.  I
agree in good faith to attempt to understand the limitations of the
models used in producing this data.  I understand that although the
model output has been subjected to a quality control procedure,
unrecognized errors remain.  I will hold no one responsible for any
errors in the models or in their output.

"Non-commercial research and educational purposes" (access to all models)
2.  I agree to use the CMIP5 model output only for non-commercial
research and educational purposes.  I agree in good faith to attempt
to understand the limitations of the models used in producing this
data.  I understand that although the model output has been subjected
to a quality control procedure, unrecognized errors remain.  I will
hold no one responsible for any errors in the models or in their output.

best regards,
Karl