[Go-essp-tech] Out-of-bounds data and QC level 1 checks

stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk
Mon Jun 28 07:51:24 MDT 2010

Martina,

I too had thought Metafor metadata compliance was going to be QCL2.  I
know there was a desire to make the metafor metadata compulsory for any
publication but there has always been disagreement on whether this was
practical -- how do we prevent datanodes from publishing?  A final
decision on this has been illusive.

The pragmatic approach is to allow publication (QCL1) without the
metadata since to enforce it would require tighter integration of the
whole federation.  It will be far easier to enforce during replication
and QCL2.

If we are really going to enforce this as QCL1 we need to have a
concrete plan in place for how beyond the "we'll make it work"
assertion's we've had so far.

S.

---
Stephen Pascoe  +44 (0)1235 445980