[Go-essp-tech] Bulk data moving and the UNIDATA LDM

Pauline Mak pauline.mak at arcs.org.au
Mon Jun 7 03:44:18 MDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm not sure what the requirements for the transfers are, but we've been
doing a bit of work with globus lately:

We've been experimenting on the latest version of the GridFTP server
(version 5.0.2 or something like that).  The new client offers new
functionality like globus-url-sync that syncs destination and source
directories.

We've also had a look at the globus.org transfer system too.  The good
thing about globus.org is that it's more than just transfers.  I think
(but don't quote me!) it will resume/retransmit failed transfers.  One
can also monitor progress of files in transit.  It is currently a hosted
server at globus, but I think there are plans for other users to install
the management server.

If you have any questions, I'm more than happy to pass this onto our
GridFTP expert (although, he's away this week), or can get him to join
the discussion on the list.

Cheers,

-Pauline.

Pauline Mak