[Go-essp-tech] wget data download script

philip.kershaw at stfc.ac.uk philip.kershaw at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Jul 29 04:35:23 MDT 2010

Hi Eric,

Just picking up from this action from the last security telco:

> Action Items:
> - Eric to work with BADC on standardized wget script to link off
> Gateway

I've created a data download wget script which wraps the security settings:

http://proj.badc.rl.ac.uk/ndg/browser/TI12-security/trunk/esg_wget_script/esg-download.sh

The basic invocation is:

$ ./esg-download.sh <download URI> --certificate=./user.pem --private-key=./user.pem

The certificate and key would usually be obtained from a MyProxy call via the Java WebStart application.  Many of the settings take defaults or are configurable via environment variables.

I hope this helps.  It should be possible to adapt it for your needs for the Gateway scripts.

Cheers,
Phil