[Go-essp-tech] Access control for data with different QC Level

Martina Stockhause martina.stockhause at zmaw.de
Mon Jul 19 06:43:59 MDT 2010

Hi all,

I had a little discussion with Estani about how the different and
changing access constraints on the data depending on their QC levels are
realized. It came out that we don't really know.

We have on the one hand the user with a special role e.g. "scientific,
non-commercial user", who has access to data on QC L3 like every
registered user and QC L2 because of his role. On the other hand, the
data has a quality attribute (QC Level or QC Flag), which defines the
access restriction of the data. For data access a mechanism has to check
user role and data attribute, before access is granted or denied.

How does the data get this quality attribute?
How is the user role checked against this quality attribute?

For QC L3 we don't need that mechanism, because every registered user
has access to all CMIP5 data, but for QC L1 and L2 exist such access
restrictions.

Thanks a lot,
Martina