[Go-essp-tech] [metafor] Minutes: 1/6/10 Output Variable Telecon

Hans Ramthun hans.ramthun at zmaw.de
Thu Jan 7 05:13:02 MST 2010

Hallo,

Bryan Lawrence wrote:

>> Right now, we would have to parse the thredds catalog as you say to get the list of variables.  No code exists to convert the data collection names into a list of variable names.  Code does exist to create the list of data collections.
>>

> I think we all need a bit of code for that. We should write it standalone so we can all use the logic if not the code ...  hopefully this is on the agenda for Hans and/or Stephen.

On my agenda is to access the ESG publisher postgres database with
SQLAlchemy and to retrieve the appropriate data to create CIMRecords
(dataObject). This should led to a stand alone python program. I think
Stephen wants to go the same way.

> Cheers
> Bryan

Cheers
Hans

--
Hans Ramthun
Tel.: +49.40.460.094.112
Email: hans.ramthun at zmaw.de

DKRZ-Hamburg / Max-Planck-Institut fuer Meteorologie
Abteilung Modelle und Daten     http://www.mad.zmaw.de/
Bundesstr. 45a
D-20146 Hamburg                 Germany