[Go-essp-tech] Clarifying Integration Tests for Replication

Craig E. Ward cward at isi.edu
Wed Dec 8 16:12:26 MST 2010

http://esgf.org/wiki/Cmip5Status/Tests/IntegrationTests

On the wiki page above, items 11 and 12 address replication, but don't actually
specify anything. What follows are some of my thoughts on what should be tested
and in what order.

Under "Replicate Dataset with BDM," place:

  o Query Gateway metadata to generate an XML input file for BDM.
  o BDM successfully transports data from source to target data node.
  o Scan downloaded data to generate a replica TDS catalog.
  o Compare generated replica catalog with original catalog to verify that all
    necessary elements match.
  o Publish the replica dataset.

Under "Replicate Dataset with Globus-URL-Copy," place:

  o Query Gateway metadata to generate an input file for Globus-URL-Copy
  o Globus-URL-Copy successfully transports data from source to target data
    node.
  o Scan downloaded data to generate a replica TDS catalog.
  o Compare generated replica catalog with original catalog to verify that all
    necessary elements match.
  o Publish the replica dataset.

Since the tests share the last three items, the test list could be refined
further. Separate out the "metadata query for data movement agent X" and then
add a new test "Process and Publish Replica Dataset."

If these seem reasonable, they should be added to the wiki page. I could do it,
but someone would need to add me to the Editors list for me to have write
access. It would be OK by me for a current editor to make the changes.
Whichever way makes more sense for the project is the right way to go.

Thanks,

Craig

--
Craig E. Ward