[Go-essp-tech] (no subject)

stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk
Mon Apr 19 04:23:32 MDT 2010

Hi all,

Thanks for all the feedback on the version structure document.  I have
completely revised it in the new version attached.  Following some
recommendations from Phil Bentley the directory structure has changed so
that we don't have to move files around during version changes.  Also
the discussion of ESG Publisher has changed a lot as I had made some
funder mental misunderstandings of how the publisher worked with
versions.

If anything I feel this is even more drafty than the previous version
but I haven't time to work on it more before tomorrow.  Now I understand
that the Publisher does more than I thought to track version changes it
becomes more difficult to reconcile ESG publisher realm datasets with
atomic datasets.  However, I hope this document can move the discussion
forward on Tuesday.

Latest document also available at
http://proj.badc.rl.ac.uk/go-essp/wiki/CMIP5/Meetings/telco100420

Thanks,