[Go-essp-tech] esg gateway timing questions

Bryan Lawrence bryan.lawrence at stfc.ac.uk
Mon Nov 16 04:01:40 MST 2009

Hi Folks

Sorry I couldn't attend the telco last week, but I've just listened to the audio (thanks Dean, recording these discussions is a *great* service ...)

I have some questions that result, I'll split them into two emails coz they're of a different nature.

I understand the proposed gateway release schedule, beta1, beta2 ... rc ... release.

What I don't understand is the functionality expected with each stage.

When will you freeze functionality for the release?

When will the support for showing data published by remote gateways appear? (I think I have understood previously that although the OAI interface for harvesting from gateways exists, it's not functional???)

I know we're going to get to the details of versioning anon, but when would it appear (or  would versioning functionality be staggered between releases)?

When would support for replication appear (in particular, the support for all gateways showing all replicants)?

Thanks in advance,
Bryan

--
Bryan Lawrence
Director of Environmental Archival and Associated Research