[Go-essp-tech] Instructions to participate in the 2 June demonstration of new ESG functionality

Sylvia Murphy murphys at ucar.edu
Fri May 29 15:15:47 MDT 2009

Greetings everyone,

We shall have our demonstration of new metadata-related capabilities
in the ESG gateway on Tuesday 2 June, 2009.  The poll listed the time
as 0900 USA Mountain Time, but Bryan Lawrence of BADC has requested
we move the time by 1/2 hour to 0930 Mountain Time.  Unless there are
any objections, we will conduct the demonstration at that time.
This means the roundup of time zones is:

0830 Pacific Time
0930 Mountain Time
1030 Central Time
1130 Eastern Time

1530 GMT
1730 Paris (CET)

Note: I used several time converters on the web and both were saying
that CET is two hours ahead of GMT.
This seemed wrong to me.  I found a world map that implied a one hour
difference, which is what I expected.
For those of you in CET, please verify this time. I do not trust it.

Everyone is welcome to attend this demonstration.  We would welcome
your feedback.

The functionality we plan to show is:

a) User interface display of grid metadata.  The software to produce
this metadata is being developed at GFDL.

b) The ability to go from ESG's data browse web pages, which show
datasets, to a page that provides metadata about the simulation that
created the data.

c) The ability to go from a description of a simulation to its data
collections.

d) User interface display showing the nested component architecture
of a model, with the ability to focus in on particular components.

e) User interface display of a simulation with rich metadata.

In addition you will see the ESG-developed faceted search and browse
interfaces that are central to the gateway.

To participate, please dial 1-866-740-1260  if calling from the US and
Canada

International dial-in numbers:
http://www.readytalk.com/an.php?tfnum=8667401260

For those dialing in from the UK,
The official ReadyTalk number for the UK listed on their site is
08009170696.  Allyn found that 0800917069 worked better

Participant code 4971828#

*Web Bridge:*

Step1: go to http://www.readytalk.com <http://www.readytalk.com/>/

Step 2: In the upper left corner of the screen is a "Participant
Login" area.
Enter 4971828 as the participant pass code.

Step 3: You will be prompted for your name and phone number.
Step 4. You will be connected when the chairperson arrives.
*Web Bridge:*

Step1: go to http://www.readytalk.com/

Step 2: In the upper left corner of the screen is a "Participant
Login" area.  Enter 4971828 as the participant pass code.

Step 3: You will be prompted for your name and phone number.

Step 4. You will be connected when the chairperson arrives.

Cheers,

Sylvia
Sylvia Murphy
Project Manager