CEDAR email: Invitation for CEDAR GC workshop on gravity waves and their contributions to the ionosphere irregularities

Titus Yuan titus.yuan at usu.edu
Fri May 17 11:06:13 MDT 2024

Dear CEDAR members
  We want to draw your attention to the GC workshop on Gravity waves and their contribution to the ionosphere irregularities this CEDAR. We are inviting you to participate in this workshop on Monday (06/10) 16:00 to 18:00 and on Thursday (06/13) 16:00 to 18:00. If you would like to present, please send your name, institute and title of your talk to titus.yuan at usu.edu. Looking forward to meeting with you in San Diego.

      Contributions to the upper atmospheric dynamics and the ionospheric irregularities by the ubiquitous gravity waves’ modulations with various scales have been recognized and studied intensively over the past decades. The dynamical behaviors under atmospheric instability conditions, changing the laminar flow to turbulence flow, are especially important and enticing, when the energy and momentum transfer between them and the mean flow occurs, altering larger-scale dynamic features and potentially triggering some of the most significant ionospheric irregularities.

Sincerely,
Titus Yuan
Associate Professor
Physics Department