CEDAR email: Present in the CEDAR DEI Session

Jones, Mcarthur Jr CIV USN NRL WASHINGTON DC (USA) mcarthur.jones16.civ at us.navy.mil
Wed May 15 08:38:41 MDT 2024

Members of the CEDAR Community:

Please consider presenting your Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Outreach work at the CEDAR DEI Session to held from 1000-1200 (PT) on Thursday, June 13, 2024 at the 2024 CEDAR Workshop (and online). We are greatly interested in colleagues in the community that have done/participated in, are currently doing/participating in, or are planning on doing/participating in outreach activities at their institutions or community. These activities may include educational efforts, citizen science projects, workshops, or open houses that target the broader community, underrepresented populations, and/or K-12 students. We also seek to have speakers talk about DEI topics such as the following: historical events including but not limited to, Juneteenth; micro-aggressions; imposter syndrome; systematic oppression; allyship; demographic studies; one’s involvement with DEI work at their home institution, lab, campus, or any other DEI outreach or related topic.

The full session description and justification can be found here: https://cedarscience.org/workshop/2024-workshop-dei-and-outreach-cedar

Thanks on behalf of the Session Conveners,
Mack Jones