CEDAR email: Invitation to CEDAR student day session "CCMC/MAGE Model demo"

Haonan Wu haonan at ucar.edu
Sun Jun 2 11:15:57 MDT 2024

Dear colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to the “CCMC/MAGE Model demo (TIEGCM
3.0)” session on student day (June 9) during the 2024 CEDAR Workshop. This
is a hands-on training session with the joint effort from NSF NCAR/HAO and
CGS as well as NASA GSFC/CCMC.

The training session aims to familiarize participants with the automatic
tools that help run the model and plot the output. For those who have not
got a chance to perform a model run on your own before, it will be a great
chance to start your modeling career. And for those experienced users, this
session will also provide insights on the recent model development that
might benefit your research.

During the training session, attendees will have the opportunity to gain
practical experience in compiling the model, building the input files,
running the model and finally visualizing the output. We will mainly cover
the usage of tiegcmrun and tiegcmpy, the newly developed tools that help
get users started with an intuitive step-by-step interface. Experience in
Python and Fortran programming will be useful but is not required.

If you are interested in this hands-on training session, we kindly
encourage participants to register in the following form with your email
address that is associated with a Google account or a GitHub account. This
will be used to create a temporary account for you to have short-term
access to a computing cluster for this workshop. Due to the limited
computing resources available we can only provide accounts to the first 30
registrants. During the tutorial we will form groups teaming up people with
accounts with those who were unable to register so that all will be able to
participate in the session.

Click here to register: https://forms.gle/B6cRXikQeq9gUfb7A
Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Haonan Wu, NSF NCAR/HAO, haonan at ucar.edu
Yuta Hozumi, NASA GSFC/CCMC, yuta.hozumi at nasa.gov
Nikhil Rao, NSF NCAR/HAO, nikhilr at ucar.edu