CEDAR email: Reminder: March 2023 DEI Community Tag Up

Jones, McArthur Jr CIV USN NRL (7632) Washington DC (USA) mcarthur.jones at nrl.navy.mil
Tue Mar 28 19:00:27 MDT 2023

Greetings CEDAR Community and DEI Enthusiasts,

*This is a reminder of our Community Tag Up on Thursday, March 30th, 2023 from 8-9 pm Eastern!*

Please come and join us to have a friendly chat and discussion about DEI related topics in the CEDAR Community and the world at large. Here is the webex link to join <https://njit.webex.com/njit/j.php?MTID=mdedffdeba55b7814b3d5d23959f2ee7c>. We will also be posting the webex information on the CEDAR DEI Slack Channel (https://app.slack.com/client/T0155SNDV46/C0162969NJE/details/top).

Along with other topics we will discuss the following study on NSF Grant decisions. Here are the links to the various articles and the publication itself:

a.       Science article: https://www.science.org/content/article/nsf-grant-decisions-reflect-systemic-racism-study-argues

b.       EOS article: https://eos.org/articles/twenty-years-of-nsf-funding-show-racial-disparities

c.       Publication: https://elifesciences.org/articles/83071

We look forward to seeing everyone and getting your input. Hope to see you there!

Kind regards,

The DEI Task force (Katrina Bossert, Angeline Burrell, Phil Erickson, Lindsay Goodwin, Katelynn Greer, McArthur Jones, Komal Kumari, Meghan Lemay, Huixin Liu, Susan Nossal, Andrew Pepper, Zishun Qiao, Julio Urbina, Jia Yue, and Matthew Zettergren)

Meeting link:
https://njit.webex.com/njit/j.php?MTID=mdedffdeba55b7814b3d5d23959f2ee7c
Meeting number:2622 592 9212Password:UkCYcNsi293Host key:965720
Join by video system
Dial 26225929212 at njit.webex.com<mailto:26225929212 at njit.webex.com>
You can also dial 173.243.2.68 and enter your meeting number.
Join by phone
1-650-479-3207 Call-in number (US/Canada)
Access code: 2622 592 9212
Host PIN: 2876
Global call-in numbers
<https://njit.webex.com/webappng/sites/njit/meeting/info/4cc1beaa4139415ca4fce7d7eae324c9#<https://njit.webex.com/webappng/sites/njit/meeting/info/4cc1beaa4139415ca4fce7d7eae324c9>>