CEDAR email: GDC Community Group: Ground-based coordination

Beatriz Gallardo-Lacourt gallardolacourt at cua.edu
Tue Jan 3 09:15:19 MST 2023

Dear All,

NASA’s Geospace Dynamics Constellation (GDC) science team is forming a community group to plan coordinated science between GDC and the worldwide community’s ground-based assets. With a launch NET 2029, GDC would serve as a strategic focus for worldwide, coordinated ITM science. This coordination will involve space-based and ground-based assets, as well as simulations and theory, under the umbrella of the “ITM Great Observatory.”

The GDC ground-based community group will facilitate coordination of ground-based efforts to leverage GDC measurements to extend and enhance both GDC and broader ITM science objectives.

We have created a Google survey to collect contact information of people interested in joining this group. Please use the link below to join the group and feel free to share this information with other people in the community:

https://forms.gle/2kC3SFt2d85M5AiZ8

We will hold our first meeting at the beginning 2023. Subsequent meetings will be held monthly with three different rotating time zones in order to accommodate the worldwide Heliophysics community. The exact date and time of our first meeting will be announced at the end of January 2023.

We look forward to working together with the community,

Bea Gallardo-Lacourt
GDC Ground-Based Coordination Lead