CEDAR email: Invitation to the 2022 CEDAR Workshop: Cross-scale Electrodynamics in M-I-T processes: data analysis and modeling

Sheng, Cheng cheng.sheng at uta.edu
Fri Jun 17 14:00:22 MDT 2022

Dear CEDAR Community,

Please join us in-person or virtually for the workshop, "Cross-scale Electrodynamics in M-I-T processes: data analysis and modeling", on Thursday, June 23rd @1:30 to 3:30pm CDT. We'll have eight 10-minute talks discussing the multi-scale coupling processes in the IT system. The agenda is below and more information including the link to join the session virtually can be found at this CEDAR workshop page<https://cedarscience.org/workshop/2022-workshop-cross-scale-m-i-t-processes-data-model>.

Agenda

Time

Speaker

Title

13:30-13:35

Yue Deng

Introduction

13:35-13:45

Sneha Yadav

Association of Equatorward Extending Streamers with Ground Magnetic Perturbations and Geosynchronous Injections

13:45-13:55

Christine Gabrielse (given by Larry Lyons)

Precipitating Energy Flux, Average Energy, and Hall Auroral Conductance from THEMIS All-Sky-Imagers during Two Substorms: Mesoscale Contributions

13:55-14:05

Wenbin Wang

Global reversal of ionospheric vertical drift in response to a sudden commencement

14:05-14:15

Kike (Enrique) Rojas Villalba

Fluid simulation of Farley-Buneman instabilities: Model description and possible applications to large scale coupling

14:15-14:25

Cheng Sheng

Data-model comparisons of F-region neutral winds during the March 27th, 2014 substorm event

14:25-14:35

Xian Lu

Study of cross-scale interaction during the 2015 St. Patricks’ Day Storm using the data-assimilated TIEGCM

14:35-14:45

Hyosub Kil (Teams)

Bubble and TID signatures in low and mid latitudes

14:45-14:55

Ryan McGranaghan (Teams)

Some thoughts on the state of cross-scale MIT coupling and key questions

14:55-15:30

Discussion

See you soon in Austin, TX!

Cheers,