CEDAR email: GDC endorsement letter

Larisa Goncharenko lpg at mit.edu
Fri Jun 10 14:55:20 MDT 2022

Dear colleagues,

As many of you are probably aware, the Geospace Dynamic Constellation (GDC) mission is a strategic mission recommended by the National Research Council Heliophysics Decadal Survey (2013) as the next major NASA’s Living With a Star (LWS) initiative. In keeping with its role as a strategic NASA LWS mission, GDC has a broad set of science objectives that are also of major importance for the CEDAR community. As the launch of GDC is expected several years into the future, it requires continuous support to assure that it remains a top-priority mission for the research community.

The CEDAR Science Steering Committee, together with members of community, has prepared a statement expressing our continuous support and enthusiasm for GDC mission. We plan to send this document to NASA headquarters but also encourage you to use it for discussions with other potential stakeholders, including your congressional representatives. Please show your support for GDC by signing the CEDAR Community Statement at:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1khh1kVnITd6f-Ffg_2dBXPqrS-sgJ8R2/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=115603362713017192779&rtpof=true&sd=true

Thank you in advance for your support and concern regarding the long-term future of CEDAR science.

On behalf of the CEDAR Science Steering Committee,

Larisa Goncharenko, CSSC Chair
Research Scientist
MIT Haystack Observatory
lpg at mit.edu