CEDAR email: Invitation to participate in CEDAR session on Data Science and Open Science

Dogacan Ozturk dsozturk at alaska.edu
Mon Jun 6 11:47:07 MDT 2022

Dear colleagues,

We are happy to organize once again the session on Data Science and Open
Science
<https://cedarscience.org/workshop/2022-workshop-data-science-and-open-science-cedar>at
the upcoming CEDAR workshop in Austin. The session will be on Monday, June
20 from 13:30-15:30 CDT
<https://cedarscience.org/2022-cedar-workshop-agenda> (UTC-5).

The session will focus on building on a many-year foundation of CEDAR Data
Science advances, and center Open Science in discussions. This year, we
also plan to target a draft document to become a proposal for a 2023 Grand
Challenge around data science transforming CEDAR science. We solicit
presentations on the following topics

   - Efforts that bring together CEDAR science with Data Science methods
   - Efforts to create Open Science for CEDAR
   - Examples from related disciplines that could be applicable to CEDAR
   Data Science or Open Science initiatives
   - Efforts that address the entire data lifecycle (Collection,
   Management, Analysis, Communication)

We look forward to your presentations and an active workshop session with
opportunity for dialog and discussions.

Thank you,

Ryan McGranaghan, Asti Bhatt, Dogacan Ozturk, Bharat Kunduri