CEDAR email: Presentation solicited for Atmosphere-Ionosphere coupling session at JpGU 2022

Huixin Liu liu.huixin.295 at m.kyushu-u.ac.jp
Thu Jan 20 19:11:28 MST 2022

Dear all,

We would like to invite your contribution to our session P-EM13 on
”Coupling processes in the atmosphere-ionosphere system"
in JpGU Hybrid Meeting 2022 May 22-27, 2022
https://www.jpgu.org/meeting_e2022/ <https://www.jpgu.org/meeting_e2022/>

Our session will be held on
May 25-26, live 15-minute full-length talks (on-site/on-line)
May 26, on-site posters
May 29-June 2, live online poster

<Abstract submission>
- Early submission deadline: 3 Feb, 23:59 JST
- Final submission deadline: 17 Feb, 17:00 JST

<Session Description>
[P-EM13] coupling processes in the atmosphere-ionosphere system
https://www.jpgu.org/meeting_e2022/sessionlist_en/detail/P-EM13.html <https://www.jpgu.org/meeting_e2022/sessionlist_en/detail/P-EM13.html>
The Atmosphere-Ionosphere (A-I) system forms the so-called near-Earth space. Recent rapidly expanding use of satellite constellations in Low-Earth Orbit (LEO) drives a high demand for better understanding and accurate forecast of the global A-I system for scientific and operational purposes. This session aims to provide a forum for research advances and frontiers related to these aspects, and we invite presentations on global A-I coupling at all temporal and spatial scales. This includes but is not limited to: A-I coupling via atmospheric waves (tides, gravity waves, planetary waves) and trace gases (CO2, O3, H2O), A-I response to Space Weather events (solar flares, CMEs, CIRs), polar-equatorial or inter-hemispheric coupling via TADs/TIDs/disturbance dynamo/penetration electric field, ionospheric plasma irregularities, ionospheric currents, etc. Observations, theoretical studies, model simulations, data assimilation, instruments development are all highly welcome.

Conveners:
 - Huixin Liu, Kyushu University, Japan
 - Loren Chang, National Central University, Taiwan
 - Yuichi Otsuka, Nagoya University, Japan
 - Yue Deng, University of Texas at Arlington, US

Huixin Liu, Ph.D.
Associate professor
Editor of Space Weather, AGU
Editor of Ann. Geophysicae, EGU