CEDAR email: British Antarctic Survey - We are recruiting Scientists!

Cecilia Lemaire - BAS cecair at bas.ac.uk
Mon Oct 25 02:52:26 MDT 2021

Good Morning all,

The British Antarctic Survey (BAS) are looking for an Ionospheric Scientist, Neutral Atmosphere Scientist and a Gravity Wave Scientist.

The mesosphere/lower thermosphere is a critical boundary between the climate system and the space weather regime. It is the least understood part of our atmosphere. In order to accurately predict impacts of space weather and climate variability on the whole atmosphere we need an accurate representation of the whole atmosphere.
'MesoS2D: Mesospheric sub-seasonal to decadal predictability' is a NERC funded £2.3M project led by BAS to study the mesosphere/thermosphere above Scandinavia, a highly instrumented region. The overall aim of the project is to improve our understanding of mesosphere/lower thermosphere dynamics and providing a pathway for improved prediction of the Earth atmospheric system.
Check out our website to find more information about each role and apply:

  *   Ionospheric Scientist: https://www.bas.ac.uk/jobs/vacancy/ionospheric-scientist/
  *   Neutral Atmosphere Scientist: https://www.bas.ac.uk/jobs/vacancy/neutral-atmosphere-scientist/
  *   Gravity Wave Scientist: https://www.bas.ac.uk/jobs/vacancy/gravity-wave-scientist/

Closing date: 14 November

Best wishes,

Cécilia

Cécilia Lemaire
HR Officer - Recruitment
High Cross, Madingley Road, Cambridge CB3 0ET
Email: cecair at bas.ac.uk<mailto:cecair at bas.ac.uk>

Visit our website www.bas.ac.uk<http://www.bas.ac.uk/> | Follow BAS on Twitter<https://twitter.com/BAS_News> and Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/BritishAntarcticSurvey>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D7C985.72F178A0]

NERC is part of UK Research and Innovation www.ukri.org<http://www.ukri.org/>
Please think of the environment before printing out this message

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the named recipients. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or distribute this email or any of its attachments and should notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system. UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise risk of this email or any attachments containing viruses or malware but the recipient should carry out its own virus and malware checks before opening the attachments. UKRI does not accept any liability for any losses or damages which the recipient may sustain due to presence of any viruses.