CEDAR email: White paper planning workshops for Solar and Space Physics Decadal survey

Asti Bhatt asti.bhatt at sri.com
Mon Oct 18 17:13:57 MDT 2021

Dear CEDAR community,

The Solar and Space Physics decadal survey process has begun and the
National Academies have requested the scientific community to submit
white papers (due in March 2022) that outline our vision and priorities
for the next decade.

While there are varied efforts underway, the CEDAR Science Steering
Committee (CSSC) would like to ensure that the priorities for the CEDAR
community are articulated with strong white papers submitted to the
decadal survey process. Towards that, the CSSC is planning several short
workshops between now and February 2022 to identify key priorities for
the CEDAR community and bring people together to come up with white
paper submissions.

*The first planning workshop will be held on Friday, Oct 29. *The agenda
and registration link will be made available shortly.

*In order for us to have an effective workshop, we solicit input from
the CEDAR community in this Google form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfPspxPX02AeCJl3qWNAkuUIi02AGPnCLF3PsvTrxlh-Zpn_Q/viewform?usp=sf_link>
on topics they would like the decadal survey to consider. *The topics
can range from science questions to infrastructure to outreach to
societal relevance. If you would like to lead discussion on a topic,
please make sure you fill out your contact information on the form. We
especially encourage early career scientists to participate in this
process.

Thank you,

Asti Bhatt, Doug Rowland, Lindsay Goodwin, Tzu-Wei Fang, Julio Urbina,
and Larisa Goncharenko

--
Asti Bhatt
Center for Geospace Studies