CEDAR email: 2nd CGS Workshop

Michael Wiltberger wiltbemj at ucar.edu
Wed Oct 6 10:16:53 MDT 2021

Dear colleagues,

The team of the Center for Geospace Storms (CGS), one of the NASA DRIVE
Science Centers currently in Phase I, would like to bring to the
community's attention the virtual workshop we are planning to hold on
November 15-16, 2021. Please, mark your calendars!

The purpose of the workshop is to bring together experts, early career
scientists and students in the fields of space and atmospheric sciences,
for an open-forum discussion of outstanding issues in the physics of
geospace storms as well as ways to broaden participation in our field.
While some of the details are still being finalized, we are pleased to
announce the release of the first version of our agenda
<https://cgs.jhuapl.edu/News-and-Events/Agenda/index.php?id=93> including
an excellent array of speakers with numerous early career scientists.  We
will also have a student showcase on the first day that has a panel
discussion on seeking a PhD in our field.

Participation in the virtual workshop is free but requires registration
which must be completed by November 6.  The workshop website is online at
cgs.jhuapl.edu/workshop including the registration page
<https://cgs.jhuapl.edu/News-and-Events/register.php?id=93> and our agenda
<https://cgs.jhuapl.edu/News-and-Events/Agenda/index.php?id=93>.

We look forward to seeing you at the workshop!

Michael Wiltberger

On behalf of the CGS Team!