CEDAR email: NEROC annual symposium postponed till March 2022

Heidi N Johnson heidij at mit.edu
Mon Nov 8 07:51:11 MST 2021

Dear NEROC community,

After much discussion, we have decided to postpone the NEROC annual symposium that was originally scheduled for this month to March 14-15, 2022.

We apologize that this announcement is being made so close to the original date. Additional logistical details surrounding this event related to the pandemic, along with a slew of other issues, have prevented us from being able to ensure a successful conference. Moreover, we are hoping that the March 2022 NEROC symposium will be able to be held as a hybrid event, with arrangements for both in-person and remote attendance: stay tuned for updates.

We are hoping once again to split the symposium into 4 major themes: educational opportunities for NEROC, specifically in the astronomy arena; potential NEROC collaborations in the area of ion-neutral coupling; future NEROC collaborations in space; and the potential of small-instrument research potential, such as GNSS.  In addition, we would like to discuss how to expand student participation within NEROC.  We will likely host two student sessions, including both lightning presentation and longer talks.

At this time feedback is welcome, as are ideas for possible plenary speakers.

I personally apologize for this late change in scheduling, and we very much hope that you can include this event in your spring calendar. See you in March 2022! More information to follow.

Sincerely,

Heidi Johnson
On behalf of Anthea Coster
NEROC secretary