CEDAR email: Call for abstracts: SA003. Advances in Radio Frequency Propagation 1. Modeling and Applications

Stephen Roland Kaeppler skaeppl at clemson.edu
Fri Jul 16 07:42:25 MDT 2021

Dear Colleagues-

We would like to encourage you to submit an abstract to SA003: Advances in Radio Frequency Propagation.   We held this session last year, which was well-attended with many fantastic posters and talks.  We look forward to having a similar lively session this year.

Session name: SA003. Advances in Radio Frequency Propagation 1. Modeling and Applications

Abstract:
Radio frequency propagation modeling is an integral part of a wide variety of scientific studies and
technological applications. Many models and applications consider the effects of ionospheric refraction,
magneto-ionic splitting, plasma and neutral collisions, scintillation, traveling ionospheric disturbances,
sporadic-E, spread-F, and land-surface interactions. Recent advances in computational power, as well as
data collection, storage, and distribution capabilities, have led to an improved ability to include these
effects at a higher fidelity, and modern digital signal processing techniques have led to an improved
ability to assess the utility of including them. This session seeks contributions covering advancements in
measurement, modelling, and prediction techniques pertinent to the interaction of radio waves with the
ionosphere in either a skywave or transionospheric propagation mode. Contributions highlighting
improvements in our ability to include and understand the Earth’s interactions with these propagation
modes are especially encouraged.

Thank you for your consideration and we look forward to seeing you virtually or in New Orleans!

Sincerely,
Jonah Colman
Jim Jones
Ethan Miller