CEDAR email: VGEM 2021: 3D IEMIT Sessions

Dogacan Ozturk dsozturk at alaska.edu
Tue Jul 13 15:04:36 MDT 2021

Dear CEDAR Community,

We cordially invite you to participate in the three 3D-IEMIT Sessions that
will take place during the 2021 Virtual GEM Workshop. The 3D-IEMIT sessions
will be held on 28 July 2021, Wednesday between 13:00-14:30 and 15:00-16:30
EDT. The sessions will be organized by the topics and are open for short
contributed talks. Please contact Doga Ozturk (dsozturk at alaska.edu) or
Hyunju Connor (hkconnor at alaska.edu) with the title of your presentation if
you are interested in presenting.

In addition, there will be a joint session with the UMEA Focus Group on 27
July 2021, Tuesday between 13:00-14:30 EDT. The session will begin with a
review of the role of ULF waves in M-I coupling by Hui Zhang. The remainder
of the session is open for 5-min presentations on ULF wave topics related
to M-I coupling, e.g., auroral acceleration, particle precipitation,
geomagnetic perturbations, GICs, etc. Most questions and discussions will
be left to the end. If you’d like to present, please contact Xueling Shi (
xueling7 at vt.edu) or Doga Ozturk (dsozturk at alaska.edu).

A community discussion will take place at the end of the second session on
Wednesday to discuss plans going forward. For more and up to date
information, please see the GEM Wiki Page:
https://gem.epss.ucla.edu/mediawiki/index.php/FG:_3D_Ionospheric_Electrodynamics_and_Its_Impact_on_the_Magnetosphere-Ionosphere-Thermosphere_Coupled_System

We are looking forward to virtually seeing you all!

p.p. Doga Ozturk

Hyunju Connor

Dogacan Ozturk

Bin Zhang