CEDAR email: APL Aeronomy postdoc position available

Chartier, Alex T. Alex.Chartier at jhuapl.edu
Mon Sep 21 12:12:31 MDT 2020

APL’s Geospace and Earth Sciences group is looking for a postdoctoral researcher in aeronomy. The position involves working on basic and applied ionospheric research programs, including the SuperDARN program. APL’s Wallops SuperDARN radar is being upgraded to the state-of-the-art “Borealis” software-defined radio system, providing a host of opportunities for new science.
This is an APL post-doctoral appointment with a one year term renewable for up to three years subject to intermediate and yearly progress.
You meet our minimum requirements if you have...
	• A Ph.D. or equivalent experience in Physics, Space Physics or Engineering
	• Scientific curiosity
	• The ability to perform basic and applied research in aeronomy, in particular in ionospheric research
	• Experience using high-level programming languages such as Python and Matlab
	• Strong communications and interpersonal skills
You will go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you have...
	• Experience of RF ionospheric remote sensing using software-defined radio
	• Demonstrated ability to win external funding
	• Excellent communication skills as evidenced by a strong record of publications

Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.

Additional Information
	• Primary Mission Area: Civil Space
	• Requisition ID: 24424
	• Security Clearance Required on Start Date: Clearance not required
	• Final Security Clearance Required: Not Required

http://k.rfer.us/JHUAPL2Zz5M